The Reflux Book, A Parent's Guide to Gastroesophageal Reflux
"This book is a must-read for any family who has an infant or child with gastroesophageal reflux (GER). My favorite feature of this book is that it teaches what I believe is the best medical model for the treatment of GER: the pills-and-skills model. This is the model that I follow in my pediatric practice in treating infants and children with GER. Besides the “pills,” or medications, that you will learn about to treat GER, you will also learn the many infant and childcare skills and feeding skills that will help alleviate this painful condition. I wish that every healthcare provider who counsels parents for GER will “prescribe” this book.”
Bill Sears, MD, Author of 30+ parenting and health books - see the full review from Dr. Sears and reviews from other readers
The Reflux Book: A Parent's Guide to Gastroesophageal Reflux contains two books in one cover. The first half of the book is for parents of infants with mild to moderate reflux. The second part of the book is for parents of older children and children with more serious problems. The book also includes a very detailed table of contents, an index, a resource list and several forms for tracking symptoms. A total of 300 pages.
- Information on symptoms and diagnosis
- Common treatment and medications
- Techniques for sleep, feeding and comforting
- Ideas for coping with a high-need baby and child
- Suggestions for working with the medical team
- Parent-tested tips on caring for your child at home
- Parent stories throughout the book (193 plus three poems)
- Comprehensive index and resource guide
- No medical advice—only information
- Even the most complex sections are very easy to read (8th grade reading level)
- Covers newborns though teens
Want to make sure other parents can find this book when they need it?
There are several simple things you can do to help parents learn about The Reflux Book: A Parent's Guide to Gastroesophageal Reflux. Click here.
Please visit my new web site for my freelance writing business